FFI Presents: Full Force Impact
FFI Presents: Full Force Impact
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discarded page

Go down

The discarded page Empty The discarded page

Post  Daitezen Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:15 pm

The camera shows an almost empty locker room, with just a cleaner neatening things up. The sounds of the crowd cheering are faintly heard in the background, approving of the show so far. The cleaner is whistling idly to themselves, as they pick up discarded drinks cans. A few empty cans of beer, some energy drinks, and water bottles. He notices the cameraman filming, and waves at him.

Cleaner: You'd think they would clean up after themselves! I mean there is a bin right there *nods over to the corner*

He keeps cleaning, whilst continuing to look at the camera

Cleaner: I mean what are you doing recording back here anyway. Out in the ring is where the action is.

The cameraman's voice is heard coming from outside of shot

Cameraman: Just getting some back stage footage, behind the scenes and all that. I think they're planning a DVD about the new federation, and want to get some extra footage. Don't ask me why, i'm just doing my job.

Cleaner: *laughing* I know what you mean, though why they want to see me cleaning I have no idea. Probably checking up on old Hank here, i tell you, i've been doing this job for near as dammit 30 years. Wrestlers, accountants, doctors, even some musicians. I could tell you some stories, i swear they're all the same, ain't nothing i've not seen, and had to clean up after.

Cameraman: I'm sure it's fascinating, but i think they just want to give an idea of what's going on back stage, so act natural.

Hank: Ok sir, I can do that. *pauses* I swear, there was this one time, about 5 years ago now, after some gig or other, can't remember the name of the singer now. She was young though, must have been in her twenties, just know she was almost as purdy as my wife.

Cameraman: *audible sigh*

Hank: I swear though, was cleaning up her dressing room after the show. Now i know what you're thinking, drugs right? I mean all these youngsters are on drugs nowadays, but no. I swear though it must have been the biggest pile... *pauses* ... well what have we here?

The cleaner picks up a piece of paper laying on the ground, and starts to read it.

Hank: Well looky here, some fancy dan thinks he's a poet. No idea what the heck he's saying, take a look at this.

The cleaner pushes the piece of paper in front of the camera's lens

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Hank: I swear that's odder than a shellfish doing a square dance. Anyway i'll leave you be, let you get that back stage footage you're looking for.

The cleaner tosses the note aside, and walks out of the room. We see the camera move towards the page laying back on the ground

Cameraman: *mutters* We really need better cleaning staff.

The cameraman puts down his camera for a moment, and picks up the page. He walks towards the bin, then looks at the page again. Stopping, he folds it up in his pocket, walks back to the camera, and picks it up.

Cameraman: Need better back stage footage too.

The footage turns black.

---------------------------------

Not sure about using the image, was just an idea that popped into my head.

The original text is

To fight, to stand with just intention.
In conflict born to test thy might.
The cheering crowds can feel the tension.
Born thusly from this show tonight.
The thrill of combat feeds addiction.
As adrenaline fills my veins.
This gift of blood-soaked benediction.
Beyond my limits, beyond the sane.
A resounding roar rips from the ringside
The pyros burn and radiate.
In embers glow fears pushed aside.
I step forth to meet my fate.

-------------

As usual, feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by Daitezen on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited: Put in version without punctuation screw-up. Editing other misused punctuation.)
Daitezen
Daitezen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum