FFI Presents: Full Force Impact
FFI Presents: Full Force Impact
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daitezen Interview - Final (2000+ words)

2 posters

Go down

Daitezen Interview - Final (2000+ words) Empty Daitezen Interview - Final (2000+ words)

Post  Daitezen Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:02 pm

A video segment plays, recorded in the off season.

Keri Richardson: At this time, I am lucky enough to be able to bring you a special feature interview with Daitezen, the first ever FFI Fallen Champion. First I have to say congratulations Daitezen.

Daitezen: Thank you very much Keri.

Keri Richardson: I’m sure the question that is on the minds of most of the fans of Full Force Impact, is what happened after the match, and why did you attack your former allies Bensterio and Reaper?

Daitezen smiles, slightly amused.

Daitezen: So far, so expected...

Daitezen laughs at himself, then raises his hands in supplication.

Daitezen: My apologies... it’s just a question I’ve heard a lot, and I shall answer it for you of course. I had been saying all along that they weren’t my allies, just... convenient. I have nothing against either of them, but they were in my way. I’m simply not going to let people get in my way anymore. The Harts were a nuisance, and they got what they deserved. And now i’m sure neither Bensterio nor Reaper will make the mistake of getting in my way.

Keri Richardson: But was such an attack really necessary?

Daitezen: It wasn’t much of an attack. They are both alive, both breathing, and both still able to compete. It was a warning, nothing more... and a challenge if you like. It takes a certain ruthlessness to be able to win the title. Maybe they will learn that lesson, and get the same chance that I had because of it.

Keri Richardson: May I ask about...

Keri starts looking through her notes for a moment.

Keri Richardson:... Lilith Bloodrose? She’s not a wrestler here, but it’s obvious you two have history.

Daitezen’s eyes flash for a moment in anger, then glaze over.

Daitezen: I would prefer if you didn’t.

Daitezen sighs.

Daitezen: But I guess there will be nothing but gossip if I don't... She’s ancient history, which I hope stays that way. She... shouldn’t be around, I don’t know why she torments me still, but... I won’t let her get to me anymore. She is not a wrestler, not a part of Full Force Impact, and should certainly not be on the show. Hopefully the security staff will keep her from the premises this time around.

Keri Richardson: Well she certainly seemed to be the catalyst for what occurred in the ring after the match... and i’m sorry for saying this, but a rather embarrassing end for you in the first pay per view in Full Force Impact.

Daitezen is visibly angry now, and Keri looks on nervously as Daitezen tries to control his emotions... after a moment his expression turns to normal, but anger still gleams in his eyes as he responds.

Daitezen: I have to say that was a mistake on my part. I should not let her get to me that way. And I won’t, not again. She... brings out the worse in me... She...

Daitezen pauses for a second.

Daitezen: Sorry, if you don’t mind, I’d rather just move to other topics.

Keri Richardson: That’s... anyway, what are your plans now you are the FFI Fallen champion?

Daitezen visibly relaxes a little.

Daitezen: To keep wrestling, of course. Now i’m the champion, i’m sure plenty of wrestlers will want a shot at the title. And I will give it to them, I want the chance to keep competing, and keep improving. I’m not arrogant, I know that I was the best out of those who competed for the title, but I want to compete against stronger opponents, who will push me harder.

Keri Richardson: An interesting take on things. Most people in your position would be bragging about their success.

Daitezen smiles, and laughs a slightly hollow laugh.

Daitezen: Keri, I am not most people. A fact that I don’t need reminding of, and i’m certain you don’t either. No championship, no medal, no trophy, can help you beat the demons back in the end... unless you take a good swing at them with it! My biggest enemy remains myself, and no amount of braggadocio will change that, or help me beat it... in fact it will merely delude me, and make me see less clearly.

Keri Richardson: If you don’t mind my asking... what demons are you fighting in yourself?

Daitezen stares at Keri for a long moment, obviously thinking of something, and showing signs of tension.

Daitezen: I’m sorry Keri, but it’s not the fans place to know my innermost secrets.

Keri Richardson: ... okay. Mentioning the fans, you’ve always seemed to have a good relationship with them, but got a very negative reaction after your title match. What do you think about that?

Daitezen: The fans will do what they do, and I certainly have no control of that. They are fickle, but then their judgment isn’t necessarily well informed.

Keri Richardson: What do you mean by that?

Daitezen: There are too many weak willed people in this world. The paradox of life is that I both pity and envy them for it. Pity because they will lead empty, boring lives because of it. Envy... because they will never have to face the things I face on a daily basis. That doesn’t make me better or worse than anyone else... just... different. If they want to cheer me or boo me, that’s their choice. I won’t lose sleep over it, or change who I am for their sakes.

Keri Richardson: So you don’t care what people think?

Daitezen: I don’t care what people who would judge me for one action, without understanding the reasoning and consequences of it, think. The moment you twist yourself around to what other people think, to what they want, it destroys you. It eats away at you, slowly at first. You start going against your instincts for the sake of them, putting yourself at risk. Then you trust their judgment over yours, they wrap you around their finger, and you’re so twisted you don’t see it.

Daitezen’s eyes begin to burn with insanity. Keri looks at Daitezen intently, as if she is trying to stare into his soul, trying to make sense of this madness.

Daitezen: The next thing you know, reality is gone. All she does is take; all she does is twist your thoughts, making pain seem normal, making the world seem nothing but the total of her will. The weak, the vulnerable are exploited, the pain becomes normal, the dissonance between what you think and what she says becomes normal, and the words twist, convince you that it’s your very thoughts that lie to you, that are twisted.

Daitezen’s face is stuck in an angry grimace. He reaches for his face, covering it, digging his nails into his head, shaking, oblivious to what is going on around him. After a moment, he seems to relax, his hands drop from his face, a drained but emotionless expression on his face.

Daitezen: Sorry Keri... I should go...

Keri Richardson: I have a couple more questions if you don’t mind, but... I will avoid sensitive topics.

Daitezen stares at Keri for a moment, then nods slowly for her to proceed.

Keri Richardson: Thank you. What is your opinion on the show going international this season?

Daitezen sighs, and then smiles.

Daitezen: I’ve never been much of one for travelling to tell you the truth. But I can see why we’re doing it. Global exposure is important, and the federation has made such a reputation around the world, that bringing it to its fans worldwide is only fair. I’ve been attempting to learn a few words here and there from places we’re going to.

Keri Richardson: Sounds interesting, care to share a few?

Daitezen laughs, and shakes his head. Keri laughs too, and moves on.

Keri Richardson: With the influx of new members into the federation as it expands, is there anyone in particular you are looking forward to see perform?

Daitezen relaxes again, relieved at the tone of the questions.

Daitezen: Well it looks like it has been a pretty hectic off-season, and there are certainly a lot of new faces around the locker room. Anyone good enough to sign for a federation like this has to have talent, but I have to say while a few people come with big reputations, the two i’m most excited to see are Jaques LaCroix and The Psycho Jason... both look like they have the edge to step up quickly in to the big time.

Keri Richardson: And what is your opinion on the roster split?

Daitezen: If i’m being honest, I think it makes things easier for those with the skill but without the reputation to make a name for themselves. I admit my rise was pretty quick, from independent worker, to a champion, and that is one thing that Full Force Impact gives you; opportunities. I’ll be watching those making a name for themselves, and who hopefully will give me a challenge.

Keri smiles.

Keri Richardson: It’s good to hear such a positive view on the federation from someone who is obviously in it for more than the glory.

Daitezen: Well glory is nice, but it doesn’t help you sleep at night... well unless you use it to... never mind.

Daitezen smiles to himself.

Daitezen: What i'm in it for though... I guess the thrill of being pushed to your limit, of being able to break down barriers, break down limitations until you realize... maybe there aren’t any limitations? Beyond those we impose upon ourselves, of course.

Keri Richardson: So you think there is no limit to what you will achieve in FFI over the coming seasons?

Daitezen laughs ruefully.

Daitezen: As I say, only those I impose upon myself. But I believe by fighting beyond my limits, I can break even these down.

Keri Richardson: One final question if I may. Who are you looking to compete against this season?

Daitezen: That’s up to the GMs to decide. I just want a challenge. And i’m sure I’ll get one, as good matches make good ratings! With Trey Johnson in charge now, a wrestler running things, despite the oddity of him awarding himself the title without earning it...

Keri Richardson: He beat Erik Dansford, the former GM of Final Impact...

Daitezen: He beat a non-wrestler, and a couple of guys we’ve barely heard from in the federation. I’m not saying he does or doesn’t deserve his title; just that he hasn’t earned it in the ring yet.

Keri Richardson: Does that mean you will be going after Trey this season?

Daitezen grins, amused.

Daitezen: Not yet, though it would be interesting. He has his own agenda, and I have mine. Our paths will cross in time i’m sure... As for whom I am going after... anyone... everyone. There are only two types of people in life... opponents and obstacles. Opponents make you better, you make them better, and through conflict you both strive. Obstacles just get in your way... well both get in your way, but only one puts up a worthwhile fight.

Keri Richardson: What about friends?

Daitezen laughs.

Daitezen: Friends are worse than anything else. They are the people who betray you, who you let yourself be weak with. Every trust is broken, every friendship betrayed. That is one lesson life has taught me, so I expect it... and use it as I must.

Keri looks slightly shocked at this statement, though composes herself quickly to finish the interview.

Keri Richardson: Well thank you for your time Daitezen, and good luck in the new season of Full Force Impact.

Cameraman: And cut!

The video goes black, but the sound is still on, as the cameraman is heard leaving the room.

Keri Richardson: Daitezen... please don’t be offended, but can I ask you something, strictly off the record.

Daitezen: Keri, I don’t mind you asking... I just prefer not to talk about some things.

Keri Richardson: It’s just... we’ve not known each other long, but... you seem... colder somehow than you were.

Daitezen: You would be correct in saying that Keri.

Keri Richardson: I know it might sound a bit odd but... are you really okay?

Daitezen: Keri... everything that can be fine is fine. Everything else is just as it has to be.

Keri Richardson: If you’ll forgive me that is rather cryptic! Did you really mean what you said, about friends?

Daitezen: Keri... can I trust you?

Keri Richardson: Of course Daitezen.

Daitezen: Well then, you see...

The sound of someone coming back into the room is heard, and then the sound is abruptly cut.
Daitezen
Daitezen

Back to top Go down

Daitezen Interview - Final (2000+ words) Empty Re: Daitezen Interview - Final (2000+ words)

Post  Couragesand Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Epic..
Couragesand
Couragesand

Back to top Go down